Hey y’all! I hosted a girls night at my house this week and made a health-ier Mozzarella Stuffed Bruschetta. Back in Jax, my favorite restaurant, Biscotti’s serves bruschetta stuffed with mozzarella. It’s one of my favorite things on the menu. Maybe I was feeling a little homesick, who knows. Regardless, I made the yummiest bruschetta and wanted to share the recipe with you! You’re welcome!
First, I found a healthy version of bruschetta on my favorite website, Skinnytaste. If you haven’t heard of Gina’s site, you are truly missing out. Her recipes are amazing and I’ve never had a bad thing. Everything is healthy and fresh. Gotta love it!
Mozzarella Stuffed Bruschetta:
I used Gina’s Bruschetta with Tomato & Basil recipe and added a twist.
- – 6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- – 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- – 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- – olive oil spray
- – 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- – 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- – kosher salt
- – freshly ground black pepper to taste
- – 16 oz baguette or French bread
- – 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- – 1 roll of fresh mozzarella (I used Trader Joe’s)
Combine tomatoes, chopped garlic, red onion, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and basil. Set aside.
Slice bread the long way (I tried this recipe twice. The first time, I just sliced it and stuffed with mozzarella. The second time, I cut it more of an angle and tried to scoop out some of the breading.) Slice the mozzarella in 1/4 inch slices and stuff the bread with it. Broil for 8-10 minutes (make sure to keep an eye on it, I burned the first loaf I made–as evidenced in the pictures above :-\).
Then, cover the bread/mozzarella in the tomato/basil mixture.
Slice and serve.